History » 1914 - 1919 » Period of Development » Entries in the House Chronicle

Development of the Shrine1914-1919

Entries in the House Chronicle 1919

For the first time since the entries in 1902, the Chapel of St Michael was again mentioned in the house chronicle of the College (p.109), with the following entry:

On 22 September 1919 it was possible to start with lessons in the new house. There were about 190 boys. A few days later a change had to be made. For important reasons the IV course had to return to Ehrenbreitstein. Frs Meister and Rexter were transferred here. The chaplain to the boys until now, Fr Kentenich, was given other tasks. Fr Muehlbeyer took his place …

The Old House was thoroughly renovated so that some of its rooms could serve Fr Kentenich’s purposes. Fr Provincial, Fr Michael Kolb, had the little chapel renovated.

(Note about Fr Muehlbeyer: Fr Friedrich Muehlbeyer, born 3 June 1889, Ordination 22 March 1918, later on 2 February 1946 appointed spiritual leader of the Institute of our Lady of Schoenstatt (Frauen von Schoenstatt) by Fr Kentenich. He retained this office until his death on 22 June 1959.)

www.urheiligtum.de - The Website about the Original Shrine of the international Schoenstatt Movement.

Icon  Icon  Icon